Senior Buyer Resume Examples
- Creating RFQ, Quote comparison and finalizing vendor as per market trend
- Interacting with Vendor Maintenance Team for Vendor Update/New Vendor setup
- Master data clean up and confirm the correct Lead time in the ERP system.
- PO report generation and status update along with Pull in follow up on daily basis
- Controlling and Maintaining of Metrics/SLA (PO’s, Unconfirmed, Past due etc.,) and improving TAT for the PO creation
- Material Shortage report management
- Co-Ordinate with Planner & Scheduler to maintain Smooth Production Line
- Push out & Cancel the orders timely to control on hand inventory
- Enabling the Supplier Management Inventory (SMI) for frequently used parts
- Coordinating meetings and teleconference between vendors, management/internal departments to resolve product quality, capacity, specification and delivery issue in a diplomatic manner
- Clear Discrepancy Material and Failed product on time based on the Material Review Board (MRB).
- Lead Accessory and Footwear department.
- Liaise with existing suppliers and negotiate contracts
- Travel ,Source and build relations with new suppliers
- Source and select new products through catalogs and by attending national and international trade fairs and events
- Monitor market changes, competitor prices and products
- Analyse current and past sales patterns to anticipate trends in consumer buying pattern.
- Recommend clearance sales and varying delivery schedules to help control stock levels.
- Managed ongoing relationships with both internal stakeholders and approximately seventy-five global vendors to address and implement strategies resolving supply chain challenges.
- Negotiated pricing and payment terms with suppliers.
- Primary internal contact for all company departments pertaining to vendor relations.
- Created, updated and maintained vendor data using internal company database.
- Engaged in on-going communication to ensure the accurate and timely flow of documentation between the company, sales staff and vendors.
- Managed and expedited purchase orders.
- Prepared bids for sales staff to ensure accurate pricing of textiles.
- Managed kanban program for 2008 Corolla model change, resulting in a very successful vehicle launch.
- Responsible for Corolla, Vibe and Tacoma critical spare parts inventory, approximately $25 million annual spend.
- Negotiated annual price review, APR, achieving cost reductions greater than $1 million.
- Worked on negotiating $80 million annual intermodal transportation contract for logistics.
- Implemented ePurchasing system with spare parts supplier, reducing supplier headcount and NUMMI cost.
- Improved existing processes to reduce spare parts inventory and eliminate waste.
- Negotiated IT and service contracts, reducing cost by $300,000.
- Represent the company in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers based on company and quality standards.
- Locate vendors for materials, equipment and supplies both domestically and offshore.
- Ordere shelf electronic components or custom plastic / metal custom parts based on MRP turn requirements.
- Order electronic shelf components and custom plastic/metal parts based on engineering or new customer prototype needs.
- Prepare, send out, compile and award RFQ’s for scheduled production and new prototype builds.
- Submit for Engineering verification potential electronic component crosses to create negative PPV’s and / or reduce lead time.
- Issue and or resolve vendor non-conformance’s based on established TS quality guidelines.
- Managed the Accessory and Footwear department.
- Liaised with existing suppliers and negotiated contracts.
- Traveled ,Sourced and developed relations with new suppliers.
- Sourced and selected new products through catalogs and by attending national/international trade fairs and events.
- Monitored market changes, competitor prices and products.
- Reviewed , tracked sales performance figures and ensure that information regarding competition is derived accurately.
- Planned ,Scheduled clearance sales and store replenishment to obtain good stock cover and efficient management in inventory.
- Direct responsibility of procurement of Balance of Plant (BOP) Equipment for projects in India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka and technical support for projects in other Asia Pacific countries.
- Support Execution of Global Sourcing Strategy (BOP and Direct Supply Base Sourcing Effort for Asia Pacific Region).
- Support Strategic Sourcing Decisions for Complex Projects based on specific client requirement.
- Present new ranges to retail managers.
- Supplying cost prices and ETA’s to the sales department (40 people)
- Manage inventory on daily basis
- Order Contract stock that should never run out
- Get Pricing from Suppliers, negotiate Prices with the Suppliers
- Ordering stock with suppliers
- Process Purchase Orders on Ability
- Follow Up On Backorders and give feedback to relevant people
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials & equipment
- Assist visual merchandisers in planning store layouts to promote key lines.
- Work with the advertising department in order to present sales promotions.
- Advice in customer related inquiries.
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.