- Release manager: Serves as a liaison between varying business units to guarantee smooth and timely delivery of software products or updates.
- Gatekeeper: “holds the keys” to production systems/applications and takes responsibility for their implementations.
- Architect: helps to identify, create and/or implement processes or products to efficiently manage the release of code.
- Coordinator: utilized to coordinate disparate source trees, projects, teams and components.
- Software defects, Issues, Risks, Software change requests, new development requests (additional features and functions) Deployment and packaging, new development tasks, including facilitating continuous improvement, Responsible for the delivery of a reliable and effective change management service to ensure all service targets are met, whilst effectively managing` risk. Ensuring the client communications are undertaken in a timely and professional manner. Through acute understanding of the ITIL methodology maximize the benefit of the principles for our client, End to End Process of Delivery, Operational Support.
- Served as a Release Manager, providing System Configuration Management and Release Engineering services interfacing PMs, Developers, Testers and Business teams to ensure delivery of new capabilities on Kohl’s.com and it’s Bigdata Analytics
- Drove the Releases from the conceptual, development, testing and post production phases of multiple projects towards integrated releases
- Involve in Scrum calls with each domain team, to understand the work done so far and what’s planned for the day. Also understand blockers, if any, for the upcoming Release
- Responsible and engaged required teams to triage environment/functional issues during release dev/testing, prioritize the issues, and propose relevant solutions to teams
- Performed Quality checks by reviewing the QA, Checkmarx Scan results, before the project is deployed to production
- Gained knowledge over the Integrated applications of Kohl’s Internet Sales and Services
- Worked on Web technologies (J2EE, JS, CSS etc.), SCM tools (GIT, Jenkins etc.)
- Used Blue/Green concepts of Google Cloud Platform for Releases and drove Monthly Base Image upgrades on GCP
- Used Service Now for Change Creation, CTASK assignments, raising Incidents and pulling Reports for analysis
- Created dashboards in JIRA and tracked the status of requirements. Embedded JIRA story/defect/bugs status within Google sheets using add-ons and generated Daily Status reports for leadership
- Promoted the QA certified builds in Jenkins, as part of Release readiness
release manager/project manager
- Manage team who act as a liaison between varying business units to guarantee smooth and timely delivery , helps in identifying, creating and/or implementing processes or products to efficiently manage the release (deploy) , help in troubleshooting problems with an application (although not typically at a code level).
- Access, reviews, approves and implement changes in the system, ensuring a smooth running operations , keeping in mind the various 3rd party interfaces liaising with us.
- Prepare daily status reports, post release reports for Business Team and Senior Leadership
- Update, Maintain and Share Release status, Milestones and documents throughout the Release life cycle, using Confluence tool
- Experience working with continuous integration (CI) build systems and/or release crafting systems in ecommerce environments (Jira / Bamboo CI / Bitbucket / AWS)
- Coordination with client and internal team regarding the deliverables expected to be deployed to live / production site.
- Risk mitigation and roll back scenarios. Accompanied with release documentation and sign off policies
- Advance knowledge development in Git/ VCS, build phases and going live life cycle
- Define and evolve existing frameworks for project planning, execution, and release activities
- Drive regular project meetings and ensure issues, risks, and actions are tracked and have mitigation and resolution plans in place