- Finds and researches stories and cutting news to maintain accuracy of station
- Research current events to maintain show relevancy and report breaking news
- Work with advertisers to plan and implement successful advertising campaigns
- Represent station at promotional appearances to drive sales for advertising partners
- Develop story lines for broadcasts to engage listeners and increase audience numbers
- Hosted 1-hour radio program, which covers topics ranging from the news in Japan to the local event information.
- Selected program contents based on factors such as program specialities and audiences’ taste.
- Prepared and delivered news and/or weather reports, gathering and rewriting the material so that it will convey required information and fit specific time slots.
- Read news flashes to inform audiences of important events.
- Announced musical selections, station breaks, commercials or public service information, and accepted requests from listeners.
- Fact checked the script to prevent false reports.
- Reviewed applicable regulations regarding radio communications, and report violations.
- Host/contribute to the Sports Blitz during school semesters.
- Board operator for Penn State Michigan game on 2-21
- Board operator during THON 18
- Plan and develop pre-production ideas into program logs, news stories, interviews, music content, graphics, using own ideas
- Install, adjust, and operate electronic equipment to record, edit, and transmit radio presentations.
- Research and analyze background information related to stories to be able to provide complete and accurate information.