radio operator/satellite technician
- Responsible for communications aboard aircraft keeping 30+ personnel linked via radio.
- Developed and maintained communications systems aboard to keep radio links with other aircraft.
- Deployed to Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey to do critical missions.
- Maintained, set up, and utilized radio equipment and satellites for field and mission use.
- Trained personnel on use of radio equipment and ensured they had the proper equipment for use.
- Continued to train and learn to stay on top of job performance.
- Read and interpreted maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine the method of repairing or replacing the damaged components.
- Maintained repair logs, documented all preventive and corrective radio maintenance.
- Conducted routine and special inspections as required by regulations.
- Encrypted radio transmissions to conceal secret information as it is being transmitted.
radio operator/communication specialist
- Operate all equipment to ensure a secured line of communication with all aircraft, airports & HLZ.
- Perform weekly maintenance check on equipment
- In case of a malfunctioning equipment, perform initial troubleshoot & analysis of problem
- Install and perform specification review of new equipment
- Provide as much assistance as possible to all aircraft (i.e. status report, mapping, mission alteration, message relay and etc.)
- Submit reports on aircraft flying time, passengers and cargoes transferred, aircraft maintenance issues, and etc.
- Communicate with receiving operators in order to exchangetransmission instructions.