procurement officer (techno-commercial)
- Responsible for the procurement/purchase of mechanical and electrical items for DRI Sponge iron plant .
- DRI plant expansion project items and machinery procurement ,Import purchase etc.
- Formulation of contracts/work order for plant operations and maintenance.
- Quality control and assurance .
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability.
- Process requisitions and purchase orders in SAP and Oracle ERP for supplies and equipment.
- Control purchasing department budgets
- Planned load schedules for multi-drop deliveries
- Initiated booking in deliveries and liaising with customers.
- Allocated and recorded resources and movements of the same.
- Ensured all partners in the supply chain worked effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
- Consulted with customers, supervisors, or engineers to plan the layout of equipment or to resolve problems in system operation or maintenance.
- Maintained inventory of spare parts.
- Communicated effectively with clients and responded to their requirements.
- Contract management and administration including the supervision, review, monitoring, evaluation & reporting
- Receiving tender documents with budget breakdown from estimation department after project awarded to us and preparing the detailed cost sheet with quantity, budget, material, make/origin etc.,
- Co-ordinating the project team to prepare procurement strategic plan ( Expected Material submittal date, Submittal approval Date, Material required at site date, etc.,
- Conducting research via trade publication, the internet, catalogues & trade shows to identify potential suppliers
- Deveop a market trend procurement management system and manage effective sourcing strategies and maximize supplier performance.
- Manage Purchase requisition and orders.
- Worked on ERP Software, Prepare purchase orders, Subcontracts & maintain accurate records for Purchase Requisition & Purchase Order completeness
- Prepare bid awards requiring board approval.
- Planning of procurement, production, inventory control, logistics and distribution
- Monitor order shipments and deliveries.
- Resolve shipment/delivery and payment issues.
- Maintained current understanding of pricing structures, market condition and trends in industry.
- Built relationship with vendors to negotiate ideal terms for purchases, refurbishing work as well as equipment and machinery restructure.
- Performed monthly store audits in collaboration the manager.
- Evaluated internal needs and developed plans for maintaining optimal supply levels.
- Made valuable contribution to planning of promotions, pricing and inventory levels, enhancing inventory flow.
- identified new and more cost-effective suppliers through participation in industry networking events, purchasing advantageous packages and cutting cost.