- Assemble recipes and tweak them as needed.
- Communicate with others in the kitchen to complete lists of foods that need to be produced in a timely manner.
- Keep track of shortages of resources that need to be ordered in via truck.
- Clean and sanitize every part of the kitchen to prevent food cross-contamination (raw meats & vegetables; common allergens mixing).
prep cook/ line cook
- Worked with colleagues and managements to create new menu options.
- Weighed and measured ingredients.
- Stored food in designated containers and storage areas.
- Cleaned and sanitized work areas, equipment and dishes.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cook sufficiently.
- Multitasking, managing projects effectively.
- Meeting dead-lines and punctual.
- Compiled recipe ingredients and prepared for cooks by washing, cutting or measuring food items.
- Reduced kitchen accidents by maintaining high standards of cleanliness and organization.
- Followed proper handling and sanitation procedures to ensure food safety for customers.
- Used downtimes to prepare ingredients and restock supplies for expected busy periods.
- Used food processor, meat slicer, vacuum sealer, and scale.
- Setting up and sanitizing work stations.
- Following prep lists created by chefs.
- Measuring ingredients and seasonings, and preparing cooking ingredients such as soup stock to be used in the cooking process.
- Preparing simple dishes, such as entrees or salads.
- Ensuring all food items are properly stored and easily accessible.
- Assisting chefs in preparing food and attending to any culinary tasks that arise.
- Distributing plates to wait staff to be served, cleaning plates for dish washing, and preparing take away packages for customers.
- Other prep-cook related duties
- Supervising food and cooling room temperatures.
- Accepting or rejecting ingredients from suppliers.
- Maintaining a clean, orderly, and sanitized kitchen.