Pastor Resume Examples
- Prepared and preached sermons to congregation at main service.
- Prepared and taught Bible studies in home groups.
- Tutored English to international university students and helped with assignments on a voluntary basis.
- Developed and led children’s programs based on an existing curriculum.
- Trained up leaders to assume responsibility for various ministries in church.
- Preached and taught at conferences and external Bible studies, such as a pastors’ conference, Monash University Christian student groups, and Women’s Aglow in Melbourne.
- Participated in mission trips to developing areas in countries such as Thailand, Malaysia, Fiji, Myanmar, to volunteer in community events and Bible teaching
- Prepared for and preached the Word of God in each service, lead in observing the ordinances.
- Mentored and trained associate Pastors.
- Oversee all ministry areas to ensure effective functioning. Lead in planning and directing.
- Oversaw a building program that included stewardship teaching and fundraising efforts.
- Held wedding ceremonies, funerals and baby dedications.
- Facilitate community gatherings.
- Teach materials to large groups of Adults and Children.
- Care for people.
- Build community.
- Helped a very conservative church become more grace filled by preaching a lot on the character of God and creating a group study that focuses on how to heal from emotional and spiritual wounds.
- For 15 years, the church had a strict all vegan potluck that was unwelcoming to the public. By God’s grace I was able to help the church to be more inclusive by helping the church to move to a vegetarian potluck where anyone can feel safe by bringing what they can which helped make the environment more visitor friendly.
- I have been transitioning the church from being fully pastor dependent to a more holistic approach where pastor and laity work together.
- I have been equipping the church through weekly training programs and monthly discipleship classes.
- Lead Friday night care group that focuses on inviting friends and family to attend and learn more about the Bible.
- Aided a Jewish Adventist contextualized congregation to become more active in reaching out to the Jewish community.
- Learned a lot about the Jewish people and how to relate to them better.
- Preaching and teaching the Scriptures and leading corporate worship
- Administering the sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion
- Administration for the church
- Pastoral Care and Counseling
- Leading the church in mission in the community
- Affected a positive change in community outreach program
- Organized trips and fundraising programs to help local youth
- I was asked by a Rabbi who I developed a relationship with to attend an official dialogue at a Jewish Synagogue. I gave a presentation to the Jewish congregation about Passover.
- The Jewish Adventist congregation I was over grew by 50% since I began pastoring it.
- I was the senior pastor of 7 Caucasian churches and 2 Spanish groups.
- I counseled members who were struggling with serious marriage problems and others who were on the brink of divorce and aided them in developing solutions to help them recover their marriage.
- I was the appointed advisor for the Hispanic Youth Federation (Also known as FEJA) by giving guidance in programming youth events, training for evangelism, mission trips and aiding in the recovery of troubled youth.
- One of my Caucasian churches is a group which broke off from another one of my churches 10 years prior to me arriving. They have had nothing to do with each other. By God’s grace, I have been able to help the group integrate with this church again. They are now worshipping and visiting each other several times a year.
pastor / instructor
- Manage a staff of five.
- Provide for and managed the spiritual development and pastoral care of all church members.
- Teach education courses on history, faith, healthy living
- Guided the congregation and extended fellowship of over 30 congregations into an international outreach through the Dominican Republic.
pastor/patrol padre/school chaplain
- Providing a pastoral care to the church, district high school and the local community.
- Preaching and teaching God’s word.
- Visitation – Church members, local community and extended community (big farms and stations).
- Conducting funeral and weddings
- Conducting the Lord Supper every month.
- Overseeing the overall ministry work of the Presbyterian church of Mount Magnet.
- Spends time with God daily to know and understand His heart and mind for the church and to translate it into a clear practice and message for the disciples/members to relate to God in better fellowship daily also
- Preach and teach this message daily through my life style and also through two weekly services, Fridays (Weekend services) and Sundays (Beginning of Week Services)
- Supervise the leaders of various ministries
- Network with other churches to ensure greater impact in our community and society
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.