- Packing items so they can be delivered safely to their destination.
- Using hand tools.
- Sealing products.
- Sorting packages by zip codes.
- Scan and load packages into trailers
- Remove packages accidentally sent to my loading bay to ensure correct delivery location
- Create labels for unlabeled packages.
- repair damages packages .
- Re-pack damaged containers.
- Stack cargo in locations such as semi-truck trailer
- Check cargo for Hazmat Diamonds and handle cargo accordingly
- Clear cargo jams safely in according to protocols
package handler/loader (seasonal)
- Manually loaded 300+ packages per hour with nearly perfect accuracy (only 1 misload for the last 6,000 packages loaded)
- Familiar with loading drop-frame and regular frame trailers, working in 2 or 3 trailers simultaneously
- Followed proper company procedures for both workplace safety and proper lifting
- Test passed for assigned wing trailers memorizing all zip codes
- Load and unload airplane
- Load and unload ship cargo, using winches or other hoisting devices.s.
- Responsible for physically loading and unloading packages by hand, including placing, pushing, lifting, carrying and pulling the item in an efficient and safe manner.
- Rotated through various positions such as a Quality Assurance, Unloader, Loader, Facer, Scan Weight and Key