Operations Director Resume Examples
- Directed the operations of a multi-departmental organization of 125 employees specializing the vertical process of donated goods for sale to the public. A for profit business licensed by the Boys and Girls Club and Cancer Cure Foundation.
- Operations included a 24-truck donation pick-up service stretching from Ventura County to the Mexican border.
- Developed a scheduling system for the pick-up service that maximized efficiency and reduced over time and fuel costs. It allowed schedulers to easily determined pick-up dates. It also increased pick-up volume.
- Managed processing and distribution center that handled 1 million cubic feet of donation items annually.
- Trained employees to price second-hand clothing, household items, and furniture items to meet market demand and achieve a comfortable margin and healthy inventory turnover of 6-7 weeks.
- Managed a 25K sq. ft. retail space, expanding to 3 additional locations for a total of 60K sq. ft. of retail space. Sales exceeding $7-8 million annually.
- Assists upper management in setting goals that promote company growth
- Oversees daily activity of the team
- Prepares budgets, schedules, and other organisational reports as needed
- Provides advice and guidance to other employees
- Manages team workloads in order to meet goals and deadlines
- Develops plans to increase efficiency and reduce costs
- Improves existing systems and policies
- Develop or update project plans such as project objectives, systems, schedules, funding, and staffing.
- Manage recruitment or selection of project personnel.
- Prepare, develop and manage annual budgets for projects.
- Create policies or procedures for production, packaging and
operations director / co-founder
- Implemented logistics strategy and set up global distribution centres
- Optimised supply chain for our omni-channel customers
- Negotiated various supply and service agreements, delivering balanced commercial terms & conditions and favorable payment terms.
- Selected and set up the integration of our Cloud-based ERP system, which links across the business
- Implemented systems and process to improve efficiencies and reduce product costs.
- Responsible for sourcing product and forecasting inventory requirements
- Recommend purchase of new or improved technology, such as automated systems.logistics activities.
- Ensures customer requirements are met in a timely manner
- Promotes and enforces safety in the workplace
- Manages stock and inventory
- Facilitate use of technology-based tools and methods.
- Coordinate activities between departments.
- Confer with the Directors, the Board of Trustees and staff to discuss issues such as operations and budgets.
- Develop ideas for programs.
- Mentor staff, volunteers and LXP leadership school students.
- Confer with board members, organisation officials, or staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities, or resolve problems.
- Plan and implement organisational structural adjustments for smooth operations and change management.
- Developing workflows and processes in setting up Operational functions of the Department;
- Assessed service gaps and proposed recommendations to enhance efficiency and service level of the ground operations;
- Ensure proper and timely processing of customer orders and assignment of Ground Crew delivery listing and region of coverage;
- Responsible for daily running and monitoring with 3 Team leaders overseeing over 90 local and foreign Ground Crew;
- Drive initiatives and motive for the entire operations to improve workflow process and team work;
- Hiring and training of Operation crew and implement strategies to achieve service excellence through use of IT process innovation [shipment cum delivery tracking device] , manpower optimization and use of technologies such as in-house developed hand-held Luke device and tracking system via mobile app.
- Maintain communication and close collaborations with other frontline and backend depts. in handling customer escalation and service recoveries processes.
- Oversees manufacturing functions
- Serve as representative of LXP to partnering organisations in United States, Lesotho, Zambia and Swaziland.
- Direct human resources activities, including the approval of human resource plans and activities.
- Teaching Project Management
- Organized and oversaw Operations Department
- Coordinated meetings within and between departments
- Set up and supervised production workshops, enforcing quality control
- Kept track of various operations data: employee workshop attendance, production rate, cost breakdown
- Assisted with employee problems, e.g. uncompleted tasks or unsuitable work schedules
- Okapi was a Junior Achievement non-profit launched by students; all proceeds were donated to the World Wildlife Fund
- Okapi was awarded ‘Most Environmentally Sustainable’ company within the Junior Achievement program
- Oversee the day to day operations.
- Supervising the employees and interacting with guests to ensure satisfaction.
- Fully responsible for all aspects of all departments.
- Collaborated with management, technical crew members and fellow supervisors to organize efficient site operations and achieve demanding schedule targets
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.