- Directed the operations of a multi-departmental organization of 125 employees specializing the vertical process of donated goods for sale to the public. A for profit business licensed by the Boys and Girls Club and Cancer Cure Foundation.
- Operations included a 24-truck donation pick-up service stretching from Ventura County to the Mexican border.
- Developed a scheduling system for the pick-up service that maximized efficiency and reduced over time and fuel costs. It allowed schedulers to easily determined pick-up dates. It also increased pick-up volume.
- Managed processing and distribution center that handled 1 million cubic feet of donation items annually.
- Trained employees to price second-hand clothing, household items, and furniture items to meet market demand and achieve a comfortable margin and healthy inventory turnover of 6-7 weeks.
- Managed a 25K sq. ft. retail space, expanding to 3 additional locations for a total of 60K sq. ft. of retail space. Sales exceeding $7-8 million annually.
- Assists upper management in setting goals that promote company growth
- Oversees daily activity of the team
- Prepares budgets, schedules, and other organisational reports as needed
- Provides advice and guidance to other employees
- Manages team workloads in order to meet goals and deadlines
- Develops plans to increase efficiency and reduce costs
- Improves existing systems and policies
- Develop or update project plans such as project objectives, systems, schedules, funding, and staffing.
- Manage recruitment or selection of project personnel.
- Prepare, develop and manage annual budgets for projects.
- Create policies or procedures for production, packaging and
operations director / co-founder
- Implemented logistics strategy and set up global distribution centres
- Optimised supply chain for our omni-channel customers
- Negotiated various supply and service agreements, delivering balanced commercial terms & conditions and favorable payment terms.
- Selected and set up the integration of our Cloud-based ERP system, which links across the business
- Implemented systems and process to improve efficiencies and reduce product costs.
- Responsible for sourcing product and forecasting inventory requirements
- Recommend purchase of new or improved technology, such as automated systems.logistics activities.
- Ensures customer requirements are met in a timely manner
- Promotes and enforces safety in the workplace
- Manages stock and inventory