- Take instructions and briefs from the news producer on stories to be covered.
- Investigate breaking news developments, such as unique phenomena, disasters, crimes, or stories
- Carry out the necessary interviews and wrap up the stories.
- Develop ideas or material for features or commentaries by analyzing and interpreting news, current issues, or personal experience.
- Preview the material, edit video, write a script to go with the pictures and get the scripts edited and voiced.
- Pitch, shoot, write and edit three different stories a day
- Find and develop stories that consistently lead the newscasts
- Turn two vosots and one package, daily, each covering a different story and topic
- Perform two to three live shots a day
- Responsible for own camera work on each live shot and every story
- Breaking news and field reporting
- Fill-in weekend anchoring
- The news reporter is responsible in news gathering such as politics and crimes , locally nationally and internationally.
- The news reporter writes and transcribe news needed for the broadcast of the news director
- The news reporter is also responsible on maintaining the station’s transparency to the public.
- Produce and anchor both evening newscasts
news reporter (internship)
- Research information on given topics
- Gather information by interviewing, attending events, contacting other companies
- Check facts
- Write and translate press release and news article
- Establish new 101.3 myFM station in Milton.
- Gather information about stories through research, interviews, or attendance at community events to provide accurate information.
- Investigate breaking news developments.
- Write, edit, and present news stories for broadcast.
- Share news on social media networks and engage with audience.