- Gathered and shared information quickly and calmly under tight deadlines and constantly changing situations in a top 15 news market
- Established and maintained relationships that led to several of the market’s
- Trained reporters to edit video and to use video cameras professionally.
- Shot Daily photography for print and multimedia presentations
- Cover breaking news, contribute web updates and produced videos
- Blog and tweet to break/promote stories. Connect with sources through Facebook
- Worked for several web based new channels .
multimedia journalist, news anchor
- Producing award-winning news packages for the weekly newscast.
- Find and Pitch stories to the News Director.
- Conducting interviews.
- Writing, Filming, and Editing story packages.
- Anchoring the weekly newscast.
- Producing and Anchoring the daily radio newscast.
- Directing video crew-members on story shoots.
multimedia journalist/visual editor
- Wrote articles and produced videos for staff for Entertainment, News, Special Report and Sports department.
- Checked out camera equipment for staff members including tripods, cameras, lenses, camera bags, adapters and SD cards using Microsoft Excel.
- Engaged in frequent, weekly contact with local leaders and sources to maintain close relationships
- Formed strong following of viewers through social networking and community events
- Continually met multiple daily deadlines in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
- Excelled at time management to create various versions of the day’s story for air
- Managed weekend news team and developed vision for coverage weekly
- Fact-checked videos and articles before publishing.
- Edited photos and created graphics for publication.
- Monitored website and social media traffic.
- Evaluated and followed up on news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.