senior medical writer
- Oversee and Manage Oxygen TV Scientific Content Scripts, Continuing Medical Education (CME) activities, prepare Leave Back Leaflets (LBLs), Doctor Visual Aids, Patient Communications, Patient Education Advertorials, provide scientific inputs from Clinical Research Studies with references for building brand awareness.
- Develop adequate scientific knowledge base for assigned primary and secondary pharmaceutical products.
- Coordinate with clients to understand their requirements for medical inputs & translating the shared knowledge to various inputs.
- Customized writing: Pharmaceutical product promotion, Patient education outputs, concept development and providing Clinical Data and Scientific references.
senior medical writer
- Led the development of clinical practice guidelines and reviews on treatment landscape and drug safety of dermatological and aesthetic products for publication in international peer-reviewed journals.
- Supported training and development of junior writers in a team of 3-4 medical writers as well as managing and guiding content development of articles by several freelancers.
- Assisted the Business Development team with the preparation of proposals and cost estimates for medical writing tasks.
- Engaged thought leaders from various specialties (e.g. in metabolic disease, oncology, dermatology/aesthetic medicine/medical devices, infectious disease, etc.) through faculty management in local and regional advisory boards to identify unmet diagnostic and therapeutic needs.
- Spearheaded curriculum development and faculty management of educational initiatives (i.e. CMEs), developing presentations, as well as facilitating/moderating expert fora (e.g. Wound Care Summit, Asia Pacific Meeting of Experts in Dermatology, Asia Pacific Acne Leaders’ Summit, Asia Pacific Dermatitis Leaders’ Summit, etc).
- Provided journalistic development of symposium highlights in various specialties for publication in the MIMS family of periodicals (i.e. MIMS Doctor and MIMS Oncology) and of educational materials for both healthcare professionals and patients.
- Managed and maintained database of over 100,000 therapeutic molecules for use in computerized clinical decision support systems (e.g. drug interaction checkers) that continue to be used in electronic charts of hospitals and clinics across the Asia Pacific.
- Research and develop a variety of materials as background information to be used in preparing write-up preparation.
- Synthesize and translate complex scientific/medical information into plain language
- Worked on Cardiovascular, chemotherapy, CNS, Gastrointestinal and diabetic drugs salt information (interactions/FAQ/uses/side effects).
- Edit, proofread and finalize content based on feedback from team subject matter experts.
- Responsible in reviewing the medical content of the whole team.
- Work independently and efficiently to conceptualize and produce streamlined, accurate, and quality-driven educational products that are aligned with identified instructional designs and educational needs
- Develop content for medical education programs, including but not limited to online web applications, presentation slide decks, interactive video scripts, quality improvement research interventions, and patient outreach materials
- Perform independent and timely literature reviews of clinical trials, peer-reviewed articles, and other medical/scientific data sources to obtain credible and relevant content
- Assist in the development of evaluation survey instruments for clinicians and for patients to allow accurate and relevant data-gathering to measure educational gaps and educational impact of content
- Liaise with internal/external staff and partners to ensure content meets quality standards, educational needs, and project timelines
- Investigated drug information repositories and databanks to identify and report adverse drug reactions or interactions that have been included in the MIMS interaction database.