- 1) Coordinates and expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies between sections or departments, according to production and shipping schedules or department priorities, and compiles and maintains manual or computerized records: Reviews production schedules and related information and confers with department supervisors to determine material requirements to identify overdue materials and to track material.
- 2) Requisitions material and establishes sequential delivery dates to departments, according to job order priorities and material availability.
- 3) Examines material delivered to production departments to verify conformance to specifications.
- 4) Arranges in-plant transfer of materials to meet production schedules.
- 5) Computes amount of material required to complete job orders, applying knowledge of product and manufacturing processes.
- 6) Compiles and maintains manual or computerized records, such as material inventory, in-process production reports, and status and location of materials.
- 7) Move or transport materials from one department to another, manually or using material handling equipment.