- Sample bitumen for testing
- Test samples of Asphalt to meet Australian Standards
- Sample aggregates daily to check for moistures
- Drive Forklift
- Conduct quality control tests.
- Prepare test solutions, compounds, or reagents for laboratory personnel to conduct tests.
- Maintain laboratory instruments to ensure proper working order and troubleshoot malfunctions when needed.
- Carefully scan or photograph artifacts
- Trained new-hire phlebotomists and laboratory technicians.
- Maintained out-patient draw area including stocking, ordering of supplies, and cleaning.
- Received specimens for all 6 of the out-reach lab clinics as well as the medical office clinics within the hospital.
- Centrifuged and aliquoted various specimen samples including serum, plasma, urine, whole blood, and body fluids.
- Prepared samples for send-out to reference lab locations which entailed packaging the specimens according to the reference laboratories’ procedures.
- Performed a variety of experiments on a daily basis of a wide range of wet chemistry parameters including: total and amenable cyanide, free cyanide, BOD, ammonia, TKN, BOD, COD, TOX, Surfactants (MBAS), Nitrate and Nitrite, Chloride, oil and grease (HEM), SGT HEM, SPLP and TCLP, and more.
- Met all QC/QA requirements in a NELAP Accredited Laboratory
- Assisted in the management of the wet chemistry department. Tasks included: receiving water and chemical deliveries, documenting and verifying all lots, maintaining the flow of soil and aqueous samples received in the lab, efficiently storing and disposing samples.
- Performed several experiments in the microbiology department including: total Coliform, E Coli, Fecal Coliform, Heterotrophic Plate Count, Yeast and Mold Plate Count.
- Efficiently reported results in a timely manner to clients
- Dealt with clients on a daily basis, making sure to provide excellent customer service
junior laboratory technician
- I Had learnt techniques and intrumentation of clinical Biochemitry.
- Most preciously i was involved in Blood Collection and Clinical Tests.
- i Had expertise in handling Dimension Xpand Plus, Cobas e411, Beckman coultar AU480A, Hba1c-D10.
- I also worked on Microbiology Techniques like Bacterial culture, Agar plating, media preparation, Blood culture.