- Testing of samples (PGM) using ICP-OES
- Calibration and Maintenance of ICP-OES
- Preparation of QC and calibration standards for ICP
- Sample preparation for ICP samples using fusion and acid digestion method.
- Reporting of results on LIMS
- Maintenance and calibration of instruments
- Evaluate product properties from raw materials, in line process up to finished product.
- Perform complex chemical tests on materials and samples as requested or assigned.
- Set up test equipment in the lab to complete specific procedures.
- Follow safety standards and protocols at all times in regards to safe handling of materials and wearing proper protective equipment.
- Calibration and Verification of instruments.
- Testing the incoming of raw materials, in-processsamples and finished products.
- Preparations of samples , reagents and standards.
- Instruct operators on raw material additions to batches.
- Record test results on batch sheets and laboratoryrecords.
- Report out-of-spec results and obtain decision onproduct status.
- Capture results of tests on all products on COA database
- Calibrations and maintenance of instruments
- Reagents preparation for wet chemistry analysis
- Standardisation of reagents
- Determination of water content in samples using Karl Fischer titrator.
- Acid/base titration manually and with an auto titrator
- Determination of refractive index using a refractometer
- Physical test- Viscosity, ph, gel time, pot life, solid content, Free formaldehyde content
- Develop, review and improve processes, or analytical methods.
- Write technical reports and prepare standards and specifications for processes and tests.
- Conduct standardized tests to ensure materials or supplies used throughout power supply systems meet processing and safety specifications.