- Prepared KYC Due Diligence profiles on a wide range of entity types (Trusts, LLC’s, Partnerships, and Sole Traders).
- Customer Identification Process as it pertains to corporations and individual client.
- Performed Sanctions screening and PEPs identification. Reviewed potential negative news hits across Global Client Management divisions.
- Reviewed and ensuring the adequacy of USA Patriot Act certifications supplied by the Bank’s foreign correspondents housed in the bank systems.
- Analysis of transactional information to identify risk, trends and potential wary activity.
- Performed the required KYC screenings on customers documenting the information obtained on the client’s as required by global KYC procedures.
- Researched and verified the parties involved in suspicious transactions against various database, LexisNexis, OFAC, World-check and Internet searches.
- Maintained close working knowledge of assigned investigations and advised supervisors of their progress and any matters of concern.
- Reviewed all required AML/ KYC Regulatory requirements for all clients and analyzing any transactions that appear unusual based on the customers profile
- Ensuring compliance with all AML laws, regulations, guidelines, written procedures; OFAC, CIP, KYC, customer/transaction monitoring.
- Effectively conducted AML /KYC formality reports on questionable accounts and transactions.
- Improved and implemented customer risk rating criteria with KYC management and procedure for both consumer and corporate customer.
- Preparation and updating of daily Dashboard
- Reiteration of updates to team members in Team Meetings
- Achieving targets with good quality
- Validating KYC risk compliance based on research of customer records, verification of account purpose and legitimacy, analysis of transaction activity.
- Conducted reviews of client documentation and information obtained by client contacts within the business units.
- Researched client information via Google and LexisNexis.
- Completed Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) as required by the Bank Secrecy Act
- Conduct background investigations as required
- Reviewing Private entities, Government bodies, SPV, Funds, Trust, Regulated, Listed, Sub of Listed entities
- Ensuring compliance with KYC policies and procedures, applicable rules and regulations
- Obtaining and reviewing KYC information against various third party sources such as Bloomberg, Lexis Nexis, SEC filings, FSA Register and internal databases to validate customer supplied information
- Collating, reviewing and preparing relevant KYC documentation for new Clients covering all risk categories, entity types including financial institutions, commercial, central and supranational banks, limited companies, partnerships, mutual and private equity funds, SPVs
- Working directly with Sales staff, Relationship managers, Internal Legal, Compliance and other areas in order to identify and communicate required KYC information and provide guidance on policy and procedural requirements
- Presented and coordinated relevant KYC information to Senior Management in various internal committees
- Compiling and preparing regular detailed reports for sanction checks and all matters that require escalation to compliance.