instrumentation technician/ electrician
- Undertaking industrial control troubleshooting and problem solving, both in field and in Yokagawa DCS control systems and PLCs. Undertaking repairs/replacements when required.
- Monitoring, interpreting and managing DCS systems information and responding accordingly in quick time to ensure minimal production loss and maximum safety.
- Extensive use of Elipse system, including creating job orders with costings for each task, using windows and excel spreadsheets. Logging hours with comprehensive job descriptions during and after each shift.
- Performing stand in supervisory work when required for at least 5 full 2 week swings, usually for a crew of 10-12 electricians, including shut down work, meeting presentations and safety observations on crews.
- Pricing, ordering and Purchasing of required materials and labour for specific projects.
- Maintenance, installation and commissioning of all instrumentation on and off sites, including radar, ultrasonic, radiation density meters, coriolis meters, usually via lap top connection or DCS.
- 11kV Sag and Ball mills, 11kV and 3.3kV regrind motors, 3.3kV Verti-mill and blower high voltage motors, maintenance/replacement/repairs, including HV switching, control and all associated paperwork
- Good in process parameter
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented, strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Cleaned and adjusted instruments
- Testing, maintaining and modifying existing systems
- Providing specialist underground asset locations on and around Glencore property as required, providing depth, markings and all other details.
- Site geotecnical tester,such as pizometer test,inclinometer test.Vibration test,sound test.
- Isolating and working on 33KV and 3.3KV ring mains, transformers, vacuum HV switching
- Maintaining/replacing all 1000v/240-415 pumps, motors and controls associated with process plant when required with quick turn around time.
- Maintaining all electrical systems and pumping stations in remote locations, for tailings dams, water supply etc. Required telemetry experience
- Working on all internal high voltage electrical networks throughout the mine site and residential camp
- Installing, maintaining, programming and fault finding on PLCs (Mainly Allen Bradley & Seimens)
- Electrical maintenance and repair work at Bing Bong Port facility when required, including six months of being the sole electrician on site with 24 hour call outs
- Task allocation, mentoring and supervision of other employees apprentices and subcontractors.