- Monitor, record and report symptoms -and/ or- changes in patients’ conditions.
- Maintain accurate and detailed reports; including of but not limited to: medical history, physical activities and dietary plans employed by the patient.
- Order or conduct specified laboratory tests to identify and assess patient’s condition.
- Perform physical examinations and make tentative diagnosis.
- Prescribe or recommend forms of treatment, such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Direct, coordinate, advise and discuss infection control programs, with specified personnel about necessary precautions.
- Direct and/or supervise less-skilled nursing/ healthcare personnel.
- Comprehensive assessment and recognition of acute and chronic conditions promptly based on nursing judgement.
- Delivered effective and comprehensive nursing care for 26-bed medical / surgical ICU.
- Planning of nursing care plans based on patient needs using electronic medical records and coordination of patient care and healthcare providers, patient, and the family.
- Rotated between med-surg floor and medical and surgical ICUs.
- Provided and prepared medications, supplies, and equipment before and after surgical procedures.
- Arrange laboratory investigations on routine or urgent basis.
- Detect and respond to adverse drug reactions, with special attention to vulnerable populations .
- evaluate and monitor the patients progress
- Identify sudden or subtle changes
- Complete assessment, medication,administration, assisting patients in Activities of daily living, patient and family teaching, patient advocate
- Nursing care for intubated patient, suctioning, turning and proper bed positioning and tracheostomy care
- Manipulate cardiac monitor, pulse oximeter, infusion pump, syringe pump and mechanical ventilator
- Treating wounds and providing life support
- Responding to life- saving situation , using nursing standard protocols for treatment
- Supervises the unit
- Plans, coordinates and participate in orientation of new staff