- Promptly greet guests in a friendly manner.
- Seat guests in an efficient manner.
- Consistent monitoring of dining room to maximize guest flow and reduce wait times.
- Manage telephone calls including guest inquiries and call-ahead seating.
- Help set up and strategize table arrangement for large groups of guests.
- Assist servers with guest requests and cleaning tables.
- Learned to thrive in fast-paced work environments
- Multi-tasked by seating guests as they arrived while continuously assisting already seated clientele
- Liaise between the kitchen staff, management and floor staff
- Oversee and pro-actively deal with guest queries and complaints
- Advise guests on menus and beverage choices
- Checking and dealing with guests special occasion arrangements.
- Welcomed and seated customers.
- Took orders and delivered food from the kitchen to the customers.
- Accepted orders through the telephone and completed payments with the cash register.
- Cleaned tables, restaurant restrooms and dishes/silverware when time was available.
- Worked in a high capacity hotel that included a restaurant.
- Handled high volumes of patrons during peak season.
- Worked in many positions such as Busser, Host, Server, Banquet Server.
- Regularly prepared, served, and then broke down banquets.
- Banquets included conferences and weddings on a daily basis.
host/ carside specialist/ server
- Coordination and organizational skills
- Stamina, speed, and agility
- Sanitized menus.