- Operate Electric Arc Furnace and Ladle Metallurgical Furnace.
- Calculate scrap, alloy, and flux additions for each heat of steel.
- Furnace tapping.
- Furnace make up and refractory inspection.
- Create and monitor burner and injection profiles.
- Adjust chemistry and temperature of molten steel to meet the caster and QC requirements.
- Responsible for melting KPI’s such as Metallic Yield, Tons Per Hour, Refractory Consumption, Electrode Consumption, Power Off Time, Alloy Consumption, Lime Consumption, and Electrical Energy Consumption.
- Setting up furnace parameters and temperatures following process sheets instructions.
- Responsible for putting coils on skids and safely loading coils into the furnace while wearing high temperature protective gear.
- Responsible for using fork truck and stacker to deliver coils to different operations after processing.
- Adjust scrap recipes to meet cost and quality requirements.
- operate an arc furnace