- Performs financial counseling process on all patients prior to treatment, which includes patient financial obligations, billing practices, and establishing payment arrangements.
- Evaluates and explains the patient’s insurance benefits in terms that they understand.
- Determines need for additional coverage (underinsured) and follows Financial Assistance/Indigent Care Policy.
- Assists patients in obtaining financial assistance, outside assistance, and all appropriate forms filled out. Determines which plans are available to assist the patient with their out of pocket expenses.
- Works with pharmaceutical companies and other resources to obtain grants and financial aid for patients in need. Determines if patient qualifies for manufacturer drug replacement.
- Discusses and initiates Practice Credit Policy as well as Patient Notification of Financial Responsibility.
- Answers any questions the patient may have about reimbursement and payment.
- Mail Room
- Hospital Deposits
- Provides ongoing financial communication with all patients undergoing treatment.
- Establishes payment arrangements with the patient and documents appropriately.
- Discusses payment arrangements with patients for outstanding patient balances.
- Follows policies to contribute to the efficiency of the front office.