fifth grade teacher, pb smith elementary
- Taught all content areas in regular education classroom. Daily implementation of Virginia Standards of Learning and incorporation of reading, writing, and oral language in all subject matter.
- Prepared objectives and outlines for courses of study, following curriculum guidelines and SOL requirements for Virginia and school.
- Instructed the development of student portfolios, PowerPoint slide presentations, and peer and self-assessment.
- Implemented differentiated instruction of curricula in word study, reading analysis and research, writing processes for various writing genres, Mathematics, Science investigations, and History inquiry.
- Maintained accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Planned and supervised class projects, field trips, visits by guest speakers or other experiential activities, and guided students in learning from those activities.
- Administered standardized ability and achievement tests and interpreted results to determine student strengths and areas of need.