- Prepared maintenance reports for all military vehicles in our compound.
- Troubleshooting and repairing problems associated with the vehicles.
- Reading diagrams to troubleshoot problems.
- Rebuild gas and diesel engines.
- Running diagnostic tests on vehicles.
- Analyzing diagnostic test results.
- Replacing vehicle engines, steering mechanisms, transmissions and braking systems.
- Checking vehicle lighting systems.
- Test driving vehicles to gauge performance.
- Performing preventative maintenance on service trucks.
- Maintaining detailed records of serviced vehicles.
- provide accurate and efficient services to customers by troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing heavy duty semi-truck trailers
- knowledge and experience working on commercial truck tires, preventive maintenance, air brake, electrical and air conditioning systems
- Adhering to an inspection procedure checklist.
- Maintaining a parts inventory.
- Worked late afternoons and graveyard shifts
- Traveled between Helena and Warm Springs
- Ordering and transportation of parts and equipment
- Quality control of equipment and fleet vehicles
- Examine vehicles, evaluate needed repairs and parts, prepare documentation for Service Writer to obtain approvals.
- Troubleshoot fuel and emissions control systems, using electronic testing equipment.
- Repair, overhaul or adjust air operated systems.
- Repair or rebuild clutch and transmission systems.
- Install or repair HVAC equipment and service components, such as compressors, condensers and controls.
- Repair or replace tractor and trailer suspensions systems.
- Inspect and test electrical or electronic systems to locate and diagnose malfunctions, using visual inspections and testing instruments such as oscilloscopes, voltmeters and computer diagnostic software programs.