- Operate and maintain multiple pieces of equipment
- Train to work as a part of a large team to accomplish an ever changing set of goals
- Use past experiences and judgements to make decisions regarding the security of the facility
- Use computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel, Spillman(facility data management), and E-mail
- A large portion of my work day is spent keeping files up to date and organizing, scanning, and attaching documents
- Supervize a wide variety of people from multiple cultural, religious, and ethnic backgrounds, providing equal and fair treatment to all
- Developed language skills involving de-escalation tactics
- Enter and maintain computer files and legal documents.
- Review property deeds, tax paperwork, and mortgages for bonds.
- Take out warrants on inmates for violations of state laws.
- Notarize legal paperwork.
- Train and help new hires.
- Receive new training yearly
- Inspect cells.
- Uphold the rules and regulations of the state for the county jail
- Worked the security at the front desk, assisted visitors, handled the metal detector and monitored civilians entering the facility.
- Stressful and constantly changing work environment including people, assigned duty station, policy updates, and day to day goals and activities
- Make reports.
- To Serve the Sheriff as needed
- To apply safety and security of pre-trial detainees of the facility
- In and out processing of individuals entering the facility
- Classifying and Officer Discretion of inmates of the facility
- Knowledge of the security, rules, regulations and procedures of the institution; some knowledge of the practices of modern penology as related to the supervision and care of persons under institutionalized restraint; ability to enforce institutional rules firmly and fairly; ability to detect potential behavior problems of inmates. Ability to carry out oral and written directions accurately; ability to supervise the activities of large groups of inmates.
- Inspect food.
- Distribute Legal Mail
- Intake and log money.