Culinary Specialist Resume Examples
- Prepared and served meals in field and garrison environment.
- Daily Physical Training
- Attend Daily, weekly, and monthly meetings.
- Submit purchase requests for equipment and supplies.
- Attended weekly combat readiness training.
- Mentor and train others in many different duties.
- Participate in, or support, combat and other military operations, such as humanitarian or disaster relief, multi-national military exercises, State-level special events, joint services operations and diplomatic missions.
- Supervise junior enlisted personnel.
- Prepare and maintain accountable financial records and returns of food supplies and budgeting for the enlisted and officer’s dinning facilities aboard ships and at shore based locations.
- Prepare menus and order the quantities and types of food items for the enlisted and officer’s dinning facilities afloat and ashore.
- Order, receive and issue of all repair parts and consumable items for the Supply Department’s Food Service Division equipment and facilities aboard ships and at shore based locations.
- Operate and manage living quarters aboard ships and at shore based motel/hotel type quarters.
- Operate and manage kitchen, dining and storage facilities aboard ships and at shore based locations.
- Managed up to 20 Junior Sailors
- Fed 1800 Patrons Daily 3 times per day
- Prepared 650,000 meals each year
- Ensuring Kitchen sanitation meets weekly medical inspections
- Sustained 100% accuracy of Cash revenue.
- Upheld strict accountability of Food Item Validation
- Consult with command to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as how many people from each company will need fed.
- Use mathematics to determine how to increase the recipes servings.
- Work in a high stress and constantly changing environment.
- Managed 15 people
- Worked in the general mess, which served 5k meals per meal. While getting a hands on experience in a busy working environment. In this time frame I learned about catering to customers with the understanding of great customer service through communication with the patron from start to finish. November 2010 – March 2011.
- Due to my proven work ethic I was transferred from the general mess to the Officer’s Mess where I was tasked to be the Assistant Watch Captain. Supervising and upholding standards of the galley with 15 other chefs/food service attendants. Providing meals to 300 meals to Officers every meal. March 2011 – June 2011.
- Proving to be a valuable team member I was transferred to the Chiefs Mess providing 500 meals per meal. While also, becoming a Watch Captain by the end of deployment, leading 25 chefs/food service workers. In part, during port calls managed alcoholic beverage stands for distinguished visitors, served mixed drinks and beer, and managed a weekly mess night for different departments. June 2011 – February 2012.
- Handpicked by the Supply Officer and Food Service Officer to be an assistant to the Commanding Officers (CO) chef. Ultimately, becoming the senior chef for the CO. During this time period, I prepared high quality meals for the CO, Distinguished Visitors, special guests, and Military Leaders. Also, learning different aspects to Mixology (mixing and making an assortment of alcoholic beverages), cash handling experience, and gaining a larger familiarity of Microsoft Programs such as Word, Excell, Powerpoint, and Outlook. February 2012 – June 2013.
- Transferred to the cargo division to get a hands on experience in the logistics side of the services branch of supply. Responsible for dry stored goods worth in excess of $300K. During this year period I have never had a discrepancies in food ordering, receipt stowing, and mess insuance ensuring a 100% validity rate. All the while leading/supervising a diverse group of 30, tallying a 100% validity rate, 97% in cleanliness at the end of year inspection. June 2013 – June 2014.
culinary specialist/bulk storeroom custodian
- prepared meals for 140 personnel a day.
- acted as waiter for officers during meals.
- ordered, received, and organized fresh, frozen, and dry food products for missions of 3-6 months.
- performed weekly audits comparing physical inventory with recorded consumption.
- maintaining sanitary conditions of food preparation and stowage areas.
- training new individuals in cooking, food organization, and inventory management.
- assisted in managing financial records for food/utensil related expenses.
- Create weekly dessert menus
- Prepare dishes for 100+ patrons daily in a timely manner
- Cater and set up events for military officers
- Law enforcement and boat crew training, preforming detailed boat checks to ensure safety of water vessels
- Qualified in watch standing and Basic Engineering Casualty Control training, which included damage control training in case of fire or flooding
- Teaching 12 recruits new recipes, baked products, and salad bar items.
- Served 5000 Service members 3 meals daily
- Ensure multiple food items are consistently replenished
- Maintaining, Producing, and Service proper Inventory allotted each day.
- Managed 11 food service assistants
- Mainatained cleanliness standards
- Prepared 3 meals daily for 300 sailors
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.