- Effectively managed a team of staff, freelance, and volunteer content creators for print, web, video, & social media
- Served as the organization’s brand manager, responsible for safeguarding how the brand was used and portrayed across all departments and in all communications pieces.
- Developed a mobile-first inbound marketing and communications plan to engage new people into the communications channels and deepen their engagement with the organization and it’s community
- Created a system of quality control for all the communication forms such as web, video, social media and print.
- Ensured every piece of content was technically effective, grammatically correct, and inline with brand guidelines.
- Designed signage throughout the campus that communicated effectively within the brand framework.
- Served as part of the organizations leadership team with focus on developing organizational wide communication strategies.
- Developed and managed communications strategies, plans and budgets
- Drafted and managed print, online and social media communications designed to promote company brand,image and values
- Oversaw and adhered to the communications department budget
- Developed key messaging, branding and positioning statements
- Served as the primary point of contact for incoming media calls, including requests for meetings and interviews with company executives and experts
- Managed all internal, external and crisis communications
- Wrote press materials and made presentations to media representatives
- Edited articles
- Fact checked content
- Published the website by running social media accounts
- Recruited more writers for the website
- Manage USC Smash Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube accounts by creating posts and uploading media content
- Create and distribute weekly newsletter for members to inform them about upcoming events and opportunities
- Planned, organized, and facilitated weekly events at USC for 50-100 attendees
- Participated in the conception and development of the organizations mission statement and values
- Developed communications strategy for the Foundation, particularly the Coexist Campaign, a social enterprise initiative launched in June 2013.
- Managed and executed all aspects of communications strategy, including writing blogs and marketing copy, maintaining multiple social media accounts across major networks, editing all documents for external use, and creating regular email marketing campaigns.
- Assisted in the creation of marketing and packaging collateral for new coffee and cotton products utilized in-person events and business development for both B2C and B2B audiences.
- Identified opportunities to grow the Campaign through social media, website improvements, in-person events, and strategic partnerships and endorsements.