- Investigated and obtained recorded statements on all lost time Louisiana workers’ compensation claims
- Determine compensable decisions
- Paid timely medical and indemnity benefits
- Negotiated settlements
- Interview or correspond with insured, claimants and witnesses to determine claim settlement, denial, or review.
- Review police reports, medical bills, invoices or physical property damage to determine the extent of liability.
- Investigate and assess damage to property.
- Analyze information gathered by investigation, and report findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Negotiate claim settlements.
- Identified and acted on damage mitigation opportunities.
- Prepare monthly and yearly and cost analysis reports for senior management.
senior claims representative
- Direct and guide investigation of high exposure accidents.
- Evaluate the need for retaining defense counsel.
- Attend depositions, mediations, mandatory settlement conferences, etc.
- Attend and contribute to bi-annual company wide litigation review.
- Respond to the scene of high exposure accidents.
- Interview and correspond with claimants, witnesses, police, physicians, or other relevant parties to determine claim settlement, denial, or review.
- Handled incoming calls from policy holders
- Resolved problems and corrected policy errors
- Advised coverage to policy holders and processed claims
- Evaluate claims for coverage, liability, bodily injury and property damage.
- File and process client insurance claims.
- Conduct interviews or correspondence with claimants, witnesses, police, or other relevant parties to determine claim liability.
- Investigated coverage and liability for non-injury proprty claims.
- Reimburse clients for payments they made that should have been covered.
- Resloved claims in a timely manner.
- Provided a high level of customer service.