senior case manager
- Provide case services and crisis intervention to victims and survivors of crime
- Supervise and serve as mentor to Case Managers; promote their professional development
- Responsible for monthly file audits to ensure compliance and the creation of corrective action plans to produce desired outcomes
- Conduct client-centered safety assessments and help clients prepare risk management plans
- Provide information and referrals for services such as shelters, long-term counseling, public assistance and other entitlements, and assistance with OVS applications
- Advocate on behalf of clients with the district attorney’s office, family and criminal court personnel and judges, NYPD, NYCHA and other subsidized housing, employers, schools and other social service agencies
- Interpret and explain DHS regulations and service programs to clients
- Modify treatment activities or approaches as needed to comply with changes in clients’ status.
- Monitor clients’ use of medications., martial problems, family issues etc.
- Interact with clients to assist them in gaining insight, defining goals, and planning action to achieve effective personal, social, and vocational development.
- Execute crisis prevention and management with clients and support staff.
- Coordinate and provide care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and client-centered.
- Handle case assignments, draft service plans, review case progress and determine case closure.
- Facilitate multiple aspects (case coordination, information sharing, etc)
- Help team members make informed decisions by acting as their advocate regarding their job status.
- Develop effective working relations and cooperate with team leader throughout the entire case management process.
- Take the extra mile and interact with team members to keep track of their progress and to ensure satisfaction.
- Record cases information, complete accurately all necessary forms and produce reports.
- Performed individual counseling, including substance abuse counseling, to multi-cultural adults with chronic mental illness, living in the community, to educate and assist them in successful independent living.
- Performed a variety of assessments including psychosocial assessments and progress notes.
- Interview clients, review records, conduct assessments, and confer with other professionals to evaluate the mental or physical condition of clients.
- Perform, maintain, and modify treatment plans for clients, including substance abuse issues/treatment.
- Assist clients in adhering to treatment plans, such as setting up appointments, arranging for transportation, or providing support.
- Prescribe or recommend drugs, medical devices, or other forms of treatment, such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures, or communities, including assessment of individuals’ home or work environments, to identify potential health or safety problems.
- Performed full Utilization Review responsibilities including setting up peer to peer calls between practitioners, and submitting appeals for insurance denials.
- Provides counseling services, assists the inmates/detainees in adjusting to facility life and obtaining needed services or changes in assignment. Develops and implements programs within the facility to meet the individual needs of inmates/detainees, to include individual and group counseling.
- Adhere to professional standards as outlined by protocols, rules and regulations.