- Controlling and managing the inventory of all types of supplies such as food,furniture,electrical`s,utensils etc
- Setting up meeting with customers and negotiating prices of the packages as per customer need.
- Preparing the price packages of different celebrations like marriage,birthday parties etc
- Preparing contracts of food and other suppliers.
- Direct the day to day operations of the banquet department within 52,000 ft. sq. of meeting space 2 major ballrooms and capability of executing events up to 4,000 guest. Review communications provided by the catering and sales team and conference Services team group resumes, daily/weekly in house groups, BEOs, room setup diagrams.
- Execute banquet and catering functions as directed according to BEO’s, function timelines and group resumes. Create standards for banquet operations execution, buffets, breaks, plated events, room setup and break down, equipment maintenance. Communicate information, all changes, special needs to the department associates, kitchen team and other supportive departments prior to and during events.
- Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel, schedule and discipline department associates accordingly. Responsible for maintaining a strong client relationship and ensuring that all convention specifications are communicated and executed by all hotel operating departments making for a successful meeting experience for the meeting planner and attendees.
- Inspect and oversee the cleanliness and maintenance of all function space, public areas, and service areas on all banquet levels; coordinate with Engineering to ensure repairs and maintenance is completed. Coordinate and create monthly forecasts with help of department heads that are stakeholders in the banquets department.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a banquet FOH/BOH training program, organize and conduct pre-shifts; that includes storage space, inventory management, and quarterly Big 4 inventory with the stewarding department.
- Consult with customers to determine key objectives and requirements for events such as conferences, weddings, and celebrations
- Monitor event activities to ensure satisfaction of participants and resolution of any problems that arise.
- Coordinate services for events, such as transportation for participants, catering, signage, displays, special requirements, and supervision of staff.
- Meet with sponsors and organizers to plan scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets, and event progress.
- In charge of entire banquet operations.
- Maintaining the records of inventory cutlery, crockery & glassware’s.
- Taking training on weekly basis to banquet team on service and discusses with upcoming function of the week.
- Preparing of forecast of weekly, monthly & actual budget of the month.
- Planning menus according guest needs & expectation when needed.
- Responsible for event planning and setup for events according to guest request.
- Handled the outdoor banqueting events from 100 to 2000 pax and government function.(like Indian Navy, Chennai port, Doctors meet etc)
- Oversaw up to 6 functions at at time from set-up, operations and break-down
- Hired, trained, scheduled and supervised up to 40 team members and temporary staff
- Assisted guest with room registration and provided personalized service to maximize revenue and customer satisfaction
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality and