- Schedule use of facilities for events such as banquets, receptions, meetings or conferences and negotiate details of arrangements with clients.
- Plan menus and room set-up based on theme, anticipated number of guests and budget
- Assess staffing needs and create schedule
- Oversee events and act as direct liason between client and facility, insuring smooth execution of function from beginning to end.
- Actively setting up package prices of marriage,birthday parties,religious celebration etc.
- Negotiating and preparing of contracts of food suppliers and other banquet supplies.
- Implementing day to day procedure to be followed at banquet.
- Meeting and negotiating prices with the customers as per occasion planned that includes catering,decorations etc.
- Hiring and training newly recruited staff members.
- Controlling and managing the whole inventory system of the organisation.
- Recording the complaints and suggestions of the customer for enhanced experience every time.
- Direct the day to day operations of the banquet department within 52,000 ft. sq. of meeting space 2 major ballrooms and capability of executing events up to 4,000 guest. Review communications provided by the catering and sales team and conference Services team group resumes, daily/weekly in house groups, BEOs, room setup diagrams.
- Execute banquet and catering functions as directed according to BEO’s, function timelines and group resumes. Create standards for banquet operations execution, buffets, breaks, plated events, room setup and break down, equipment maintenance. Communicate information, all changes, special needs to the department associates, kitchen team and other supportive departments prior to and during events.
- Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel, schedule and discipline department associates accordingly. Responsible for maintaining a strong client relationship and ensuring that all convention specifications are communicated and executed by all hotel operating departments making for a successful meeting experience for the meeting planner and attendees.
- Inspect and oversee the cleanliness and maintenance of all function space, public areas, and service areas on all banquet levels; coordinate with Engineering to ensure repairs and maintenance is completed. Coordinate and create monthly forecasts with help of department heads that are stakeholders in the banquets department.
- Confer with staff to coordinate details.
- Consult with customers to determine objectives and requirements for events such as weddings, banquets, meetings, conferences, and conventions.
- Design banquet facility brochures and event planner annually.