- Communicate to actors the approach, characterization, and movement needed for each scene in such a way that rehearsals and takes are minimized.
- Compile cue words and phrases, and cue announcers, cast members, and technicians during performances.
- Plan details such as framing, composition, camera movement, sound, and actor movement for each shot or scene.
- Confer with technical directors, managers, crew members, and writers to discuss details of production, such as photography, script, music, sets, and costumes.
- Consult with writers, producers, or actors about script changes, or “workshop” scripts, through rehearsal with writers and actors to create final drafts.
- Collaborate with film and sound editors during the post-production process as films are edited and soundtracks are added.
- Choose settings and locations for films and determine how scenes will be shot in these settings.
- Observe, analyze, and record client’s participation, reactions, and progress during fitness sessions, modifying exercise.
- Develop workout plan to meet needs of client, based on needs assessment, client interests and objectives of training programs as needed.
- Market and advertise open class times and services.
- Cut and edit film or tape to integrate component parts into desired sequences.
assistant director (after school care)
- Supervise and train other staff when director is not present.
- Help provide training and orientation to new staff.
- Compile scripts, program notes, and other material related to productions.
- Research production topics using the internet, video archives, and other informational sources.
assistant director, staff member
- Summer Camp Job
- For the past seven summers I have been a staff member at the GF&GC Camp
- Durning this past summer worked as Assistant Director
- Gained leadership and communication skills
- Worked with children age 3 to 13
- Assist in developing and implementing plans and goals for the department
- Work with the director to coordinate and supervise daily operations
- Ensure compliance with regulations and internal policies
- Monitor attainment of objectives
- Undertake staffing responsibilities (hiring, training, evaluating etc.)
- Assist in budgeting and monitoring expenses
- Maintain scheduling of events and represent the company when needed