- Worked in both paid employee and unpaid volunteer positions
- Cleaned individual cages and group rooms; general sanitation maintenance
- Dispensed meals and medication when necessary
- Assessed and recorded animals’ eliminations, activity levels, and general health
- Brushed fur and trimmed nails
- Got to know each animal one-on-one and developed a personal relationship and knowledge of each individual’s history
- Used personal knowledge of each animal to make recommendations to potential pet adopters
animal caretaker / retail associate
- Assist customers by explaining products, methods, or services.
- Perform tasks such as cleaning and maintenance of animal quarters.
- Assist customers paying for their merchandise, by taking their payment and providing them with the appropriate amount of change using a cash register.
- Providing care such as feeding, medicating, and cleaning up after a variety of animals including horses, dogs, ducks, and chickens.
- During my internship as an animal caretaker in the Endangered Wolf Center my duties consisted of feeding, diet prep, setting out water, enrichment, and exercising the wolves.
- Cleaning out their living spaces and testing the wolves was also done throughout my time there to ensure that they were adapting and living in the best environment possible.
- It was also important for their lifestyles to make sure their food was properly prepared and given at the specified times.
- Training the different species was a constant part of our daily routine at the wolf center in order to have the species listening to commands.
- It was often times a hectic environment seeing as animals are at times unexpected in their ways, but I was there to make sure things would run smoothly.
- Care for various animals (Horses, Dogs, Goats, Birds)
- Took care of daily responsibilities (Feeding, Grooming)
- Maintained farm (Cleaned, Painted, Repaired)
- Maintain reception area to greet customers, answer phones, and keep space sanitary and neat .
- Feed and administer any medicines to the dogs
- Keep a clean area with a daily morning deep clean of the entire kennel area
- Clean facilities and equipment such as animal pens, animal crates, laundry, and dishes
- Inventory of supplies.