- Compiled information from company databases using SAS
- Checked accuracy of actuarial memorandum and quarterly rate filings
- Performed beginning level analyses for utilization in rate determination for different lines of business
- Communicated key observations and trends to actuarial manager for consideration
- Experience analysis
- Collected and analyzed data to be used in company reports
- Prepared and verified factors and data utilized in rate analyses
- Financial Reviews for pension funds and reporting – giving an assessment of the financial position of a fund
- Assisting on the Actuarial valuation exercises – specifically data checks, liability calculation, sensitivity analysis
- Lapse analysis – calculating and analyzing lapse rates
- Calculation of Group Life Assurance, Funeral and Ill-Health rates
- Capital and annuity value calculations
- Monthly unit pricing and reporting for investment products
- Monthly expense analysis and reporting – involved calculation of expense ratios and indices
- Understanding life insurance product specifications
- Breaking down cashflow to calculate statutory reserve in excel model
- Policy value calculations and preparation of the investment statements
- Assistance on the commission of inquiry exercise
- Analyzing the motor insurance data by calculating the IR and claim severity month on month basis using the tools like MS Excel, R and Tableau,
- Preparing run-off triangles to model claims experience and predict future claims based on some assumptions.
- Working closely with underwriters to learn about travel and health product pricing, coverage and modification of policy documents.
- Collect and analyze travel data of other companies to compare and review our product.
- Reviewed production and activity loss reports.
- Performed data manipulations using Microsoft Excel.
- Prepared accurate financial statements at end of quarter.
- Created ad hoc reports on various data.
- Used graphical and quantitative analysis to analyze pricing models.