More Job Descriptions for :
- Check books in and out of the library
- Assisting students
- Ensured proper storage and categorization of books and other learning materials
- Updated the computer database and helped log inventory
- Developed effective ways of communication with different background and cultures students
- Ensured 200-400 students scan IDs upon entering in the library
- Helped students find textbooks and checked out textbooks for students
- Sorted books, returned textbooks to the respective shelves and maintained catalogue
- Organized library upon exiting the library
- Keep current on resources and literature, and select publications for the library’s collection.
- Require knowledgeable command of numerous information sources to select appropriate material for a library.
- Categorize, prepare, and catalog materials
- Selecting, developing, cataloging and classifying library resources. answering readers’ inquiries.
- Using library systems and specialist computer applications.
- Management of staff, including recruitment, training and/or supervisory duties.
- Search standard reference materials, including online sources and the Internet, to answer patrons’ reference questions.
- Checking books in and out for patrons
- Shelving books
- Help arrange summer reading clubs/other activities in the children’s department
- Mitigated librarian workload by independently managing basic patron requests and locating materials
- Organized and maintained detailed records for Librarian on equipment use, materials logs and circulation activities
- Kept library shelves and printed materials well-stocked and organized according to established system
- Maintained and updated patron records in library system database
- Cataloged and sorted books and library materials
- Helped patrons to complete forms for library card issuance
- Trained staff, students and faculty on use of library technology