- Provide family support to parents on the road to recovering their children.
- Youth mentorship for Aboriginal children in foster care, transportation and supervised visits. All services must have a referral and evaluation from a Children Services authority.
- Access community programs and services and cultural teachings on various days.
- Utilizing Elders for storytelling, cultural teachings and general sharing of talents and knowledge.
- Communicate with parents or guardians about daily activities, behaviors, and related issues.
- Keep records including daily observations and information about activities both physical and cultural.
- Support emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
- Helped to develop youth empowerment and mentoring programs for clients.
- Lead group activities for children ages 10-18.
- Identified various community resources and made appropriate client referrals.
- Accompanied and supervised young clients during youth-based field trips and activities.
- Established and maintained strong professional relationships with peers and agency staff.
- Mentoring competition participants to challenge themselves to reach their full potential both on and off the stage during the lead up to the annual Bring it On competition.
- Working with teachers to ensure students are being proactive, productive and are benefiting from the program.
- Mentoring students on a one-on-one basis and in a collaborate group environment to identify individuality, to encourage and bring the best out of each other, and to build up their confidence.
- Organise/facilitate fundraisers and sponsorship programs, on-top of regular team building exercises and leadership training workshops for Mentors.
- Volunteer position
- Build rapport with at risk young people and help them to gain insight, identify goals and plan action to achieve these goals
- Leading group sessions and encouraging participation
- Management of risks through reporting and collaboration with relevant staff members
youth mentor (volunteer)
- Developed and implemented programmes that met the physical, emotional, recreational social and recreational needs of children and adolescents.
- Implemented Behaviour Modification techniques eg. modelling and Life skills
- Create a structured and safe space for children and youths to explore new ideas.
- Communicated with families of youths.