- Manages all visual aspects of the store for both apparel and home departments, curating the ultimate brand environment
- Oversees consistency within visual presentations and fosters merchant skills to create a compelling customer experience
- Promotes an environment of collaboration, inspiration and teaching
- Responsible for hiring and talent development for both the visual and selling team
- Partners with general manager to prioritize business needs and achieve results
- Interprets company direction to achieve positive outcomes for a diverse group of stake holders
- Drives sales and controls expenses to ensure profitability
- Oversaw both women and men departments
- Open & Close registers (along with cash drop and safe count).
- In charge of returns & handled customer complaints.
- Delegated and oversaw tasks given to associates
- Assisted management team when needed.
- Made sure store standards/ projects were 100% on the floor.
- Follow Open & Close store procedures, proficient in Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel .
- Coordinated and supervised window installations and shipments; maintained supply budget.
- Created/analyzed reports and made product placement adjustments based on collected data.
- Recruited, hired, trained, and developed new visual merchandising associates.
- Led a team of six to eight associates in new store opening.
- Worked closely with Store Manager and Customer Experience Manager to maximize business
- Coordinated and performed assigned materials management tasks, including: Placing orders with the vendors; Inventory Control; accepting incoming orders; and maintain inventory
- Evaluated profitability for in-season sales, financial and inventory performance and suggested adjustments as needed
- Create attractive visual displays to increase sales and buyer attention.
- Defining, designing and implementing a creative visual merchandise strategy.
- Responsible for window displays, signs, interior display, floor plans and special promotions.
- Demonstrates strong wardrobing skills by assessing the unique needs of customers, and keeping current on product knowledge, new arrivals, location of merchandise and fashion trends.
- Effectively develops customer relationships using Clientele Development tools.
- Executes all P.O.S. (Point of Sale) procedures accurately and efficiently
- Consistently maintains Laura Canada’s visual presentation and Health and Safety standards.
- Increased revenue by developing and executing engaging window displays driving sales
- Analyzed merchandise sales to develop visual seasonal merchandising strategies
- Developed visual budget plans aligning with store sales to increase profit and reduce waste
- Strategized with store manager and marketing manager to advertise over 6 events over social media and in-house advertising
- Integrated use of space planning maps quarterly cutting down floor set time by 50%