- Provide a wide range of care to patients such as palliative care, IV therapy, medication management, diabetic management and peritoneal dialysis.
- Confidently monitor, assess and treat a diverse population of patients with varying stages of illness and disease.
- Effectively develop, implement and evaluate home care treatment plans as well as triage patient calls.
- Communicate effectively with patients and their families and advocate for patient needs and wishes while building and maintaining professional relationships.
- Orientate new staff which includes familiarizing nurses with provider reports, documentation and time management plans, demonstrate specialized nursing skills and patient interaction, and promote VON standards and policies.
- Coordinate care for patient who are home bound with multiple comorbidities.
- Administered prescribed medications and treatment to patients.
- Evaluate effectiveness of treatment and provide necessary education needed.