- Perform administrative tasks, such as scheduling appointments, confirming appointments.
- Checking and maintaining pets’ records to see what service and or inoculations are needed.
- Pre Exam duties, bringing pet/client into exam room, confirming services needed, take a history/complaint, prepare inoculations for vet.
- Assisting vet, holding animal during service, dispensing medication.
- Accepting payments from clients.
- Balance cash register.
- Scheduled annual checkup appointments, consultations and surgery visits for various animals, including dogs, cats and [Animal].
- Fielded phone calls from pet owners, answered questions and took messages that would be left for the veterinarians on staff.
- Maintained a clean, orderly and welcoming reception area.
- Assisted with nursing – anaesthetics, x-rays, surgery, injections, animal care, sterilising instruments.
- Answered phones and scheduled client appointments, routine and emergency.
- Checked in all clients, including weighing animals and putting them in the proper room.
- Maintained client charts before and after appointments.
- Billed clients based on appointments.
- Communicated with veterinary professionals to provide information or education, handle complaints or issues completely and accurately.
- Refill prescriptions for clients.
- Maintained exam rooms for the veterinary technicians and veterinarians.