- Attend lectures, conferences, or continuing education courses.
- Collect body tissue, feces, blood, urine, or other body fluids for examination and analysis.
- Operate diagnostic equipment, such as radiographic or ultrasound equipment.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as scheduling appointments, accepting payments from clients, and maintaining business records.
- Plan or execute animal nutrition or reproduction programs.
- Treat sick or injured animals by administering medication, dressing wounds, assisting in surgery.
- Develop improved practices in feeding, housing, sanitation, or parasite and disease control of animals.
- Remove captured animals from animal-control service vehicles and place animals in shelter cages or other enclosures
- Supply animals with food, water, and personal care
- Feed or exercise animals or provide other general care, such as cleaning or maintaining holding or performance areas
- Assist Veterinarians during consultations, examinations and treatments
- Coordinate patient admission and discharge
- Care for hospitalised animals, including wound management etc.
- Assist with surgery preparations
- administering and monitoring anaesthesia
- Providing surgical support, handling instruments.
- monitoring oxygen and intravenous fluids
- Capture and remove stray, uncontrolled, or abused animals from undesirable conditions, using nets, nooses, or tranquilizer darts as necessary.
- Spray livestock with disinfectants and insecticides; or dip or bathe animals.
- Keep records documenting animal health, diet, or behaviour
- Study nutritional requirements of animals and nutritive values of animal feed materials
veterinary nurse (work placement)
- Observing Nurses and Vets in surgeries.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing cages.
- Constantly maintaining laundry.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing surgery equipment.
- Wrapping equipment for sanitizing machine.
- Assisting dog groomer.
- Assisting with restraining animals.