- Supported veterinarian in surgery by preparing the patient, maintaining surgical equipment, and monitoring the patient’s condition, pre- and post-surgery
- Maintained patient records, including but not limited to: treatment, laboratory documents, medicine, condition, etc.
- Observe animals for signs of illness, injury, or unusual behavior; notifying veterinarians or managers as warranted. laboratory test on patients to aide in the diagnosing of health issues
- Performed procedures including phlebotomy, physical examinations, administrating shots.
- Sustained a clean and organized work space to increase efficiency of the clinic
- Treat animal illnesses or injuries, following experience or instructions of vet
- Helping the veterinarian with drawing up vaccines and medicine for animals.
- Assistanting with exams, euthanasia and acupuncture.
- Filling medications
- Animal restraint up to 100 pounds, Durning exams, blood draws, nail trims, ultrasound and vaccinating.
- Prepping and assisting surgeries.
- Working with fecal, urine and ear samples for lab work and cytologies.
- Walking, feeding and administering medicine to the dogs and cat that are hospitalized and boarding.
- Provide animal care such as walk, feed, transport, bathe and perform nail trims
- Clean soiled kennels, restock treatment and lab areas with supplies and clean facility daily
- Assist doctors in restraining animals for various duties including: giving vaccinations, performing exams, obtaining lab samples, etc.
- Ensure safety of self, colleagues and animals by exercising standard safety precautions
- Assist with surgeries by collectively running lab work, placing IV catheters, presurgical prepping of patients and obtaining the proper surgical instruments for procedure
- Operate x-ray, oxygen, or other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests.
- Perform general office duties, such as taking dictation or completing insurance forms.
- Supply animals with food, water, and personal care.arians.
- Cleaning and disinfecting maintenance of the building, kennels and exam rooms includes; daily sweeping, mopping, dusting, laundry, scrubbing, poop scooping and cleaning surgical tools.
- Perform administrative or business management tasks, such as scheduling appointments, accepting payments from clients, budgeting, or maintaining business record
- Inspect animal housing facilities to determine their cleanliness and adequacy
- Collect body tissue, feces, blood, urine, or other body fluids for examination and analysis
- Provide care to a wide range of household pets, including dogs, cats, and birds