- Triage patients by phone and walk-ins.
- Record patients’s medical history, vital statistics and test results in medical records.
- Escort patients to examination rooms and prepared them for physician exams.
- Assist physicians during examination and treat patients by assisting with instruments, injections and suture removal.
- Responsible for inventory and ordering of supplies for office.
- Verify insurance benefits and schedule procedures for patients.
- Liaison between patients, hospital, pharmacies, and physicians.
- Retrieve accuratel messages from patients and send to correct provider in a timely manner.
- Send referrals to appropriate physician outside of practice.
- Call post operative patients the day following surgery to determine if there are any issues or complications.
- Correct any discrepancies in prescribing medications to pharmacies and relaying information between pharmacy and patient.
- Obtain logins and navigate multiple EMR (electronic medical record) systems (Allmeds, EPIC, Northside Hospital’s proprietary system).
- Scanning and assigning documents to patient chart, making sure test results use appropriate coding.
- Provides real-time care to patients over the phone.
- Assesses the patient’s needs, prioritize requirements, and determine what actions should be taken.
- Provides symptom management advice and self-care intervention, identifying resources, consulting and referring, and handling after-hour calls and performing nurse follow-up activities.
- Advise on prescribed medications, medical devices, or other forms of treatment, such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Coordinate new hospice referrals from the initial referral to the start of care.
- Lead team of triage nurses and hospice intake specialists.
- Coordinate patient care with physicians, hospital liaison’s, DPCS, administrators and RN case managers.
- Provide basic patient care or treatments, such as taking temperatures or blood pressures, or performing catheterizations
- Set up equipment and prepare medical treatment rooms., vaginal cultures.
- Familiarity with the following coding systems: ICD-10, and CPT.
- Cross trained between front office and back office staff. Fill in regularly for Check In/Check out and Scheduling.
- Many other responsibilities relating to the functions of a multiple location and provider office.