- Designing artworks,rewiing fabric design and development as well as beeing ivolved with productpresentation
- Indetifying the latest fabric trends, developments and innovations
- Collaborate with Sales, Art Department and Technical Team
- Collaborate with the Design team in researching, designing and developing product by classification from concept through execution
- Manage project from design concept thru sample specs, costing requests, and production hand off
- Area of working: Cushions, Quilts, Table & kitchen Linen, Curtains, Accessories etc.
- Conceptualizing: Concepts for collections and handling the entire design process from Print Development,Surface Designing on Fabric to final sample.
- Designing: Surfaces & Print exploration in the studio according to the trend, coordination with vendors to development of new fabrics in dobby and knits.
- Prints: To guide printing team with all trend and forecast detail for development on software using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Corel Draw according to Season.
- Embroidery & Embellishment: Development of new techniques in embroidery & embellishment, material exploration.
- Styling: Styling on Printed Fabric as illustration for final look, Spec sheet of the product using Software.
- Trend analysis and forecast: used to make trends for the developments during the season for advanced and accurate development of samples.
- Design prints according to upcoming trends,using Computer software or by hand.
- Research new software for Design
- Sketch rough and detailed drawings of apparel and write specifications such as color schemes, construction, material types.
- made a printed layout for curtains with proper color scheme.
- Creating and amending textile designs using Photoshop and Illustrator
- Producing initial sketches on the computer using CAD software
- Brainstorming ideas with managers, marketers and fellow designers on forthcoming season selections and design collections
- Discussing with other colleagues, especially Textile Operatives, regarding the feasibility and practicality of designs
- Meeting regularly with clients and based on feedback modifying preliminary designs until they meet the user requirements
- Embroidery by hand and machine
- Sewing, knitting, dying and weaving different fabrics and materials
- Carrying out market research to discover new retail and wholesale opportunities
- Presenting new design concepts, mood boards and fabric qualities
- Creating design concepts for upholstery, wallpaper and bedding
- Creating multiple colourways for all textile prints