- Develop load-balancing processes to eliminate down time for backup processes.
- Set up database clusters, backup, or recovery processes.
- Create and enforce database development standards.
- Develop and document database architectures.
- Monitor and report systems resource consumption trends to assure production systems meet availability requirements and hardware enhancements are scheduled appropriately.
- Test changes to database applications or systems.
- Plan and install upgrades of database management system software to enhance database performance.
- Defines application problem by conferring with clients; evaluating procedures and processes.
- Develops solution by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions.
- Controls solution by establishing specifications; coordinating production with programmers.
- Validates results by testing programs.
- Ensures operation by training client personnel; providing support thru phone/email or onsite visit.
- Provides reference by writing documentation.
systems analyst, management team member
- Managed videography and sound engineering for multi-hour events
- Prepared objectives and outlines for courses of study for in-house systems and commercial software.
- More than 7 years experience designing and developing with Macintosh applications and databases, and over 20 years experience designing, developing and implementing educational and training programs.
- Designed and created web pages, managed discussion forum
- Built and maintained paywalls for digital media streaming and sales and discussion group membership
- Design database applications to enable efficient access of the generic database structure.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, etc.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components if necessary.
- Load Floppy and compact discs, and install software and printer paper or forms.
- Deployed and configured call accounting software.
- Installed, configured, and maintained SQL and IIS servers.
- Developed training materials and procedures.
- Provided application support to end users.
- Authored applications in C# and Python to retrieve data from virtual/hosted phones systems for processing into the application database.