- Explain and enforce aquatic environment rules and regulations
- Plan, organise, and conduct squad training sessions.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional material to meet students’ varying needs and abilities.
- Evaluate athletes’ skills and review time trial records to determine their fitness and potential in a particular stroke or distance.
- Appropriate contact with parents and swimmers to provide feedback and answer questions.
- Ensure swimmer attendance is kept up to date and any swimmer feedback noted down using workplace phone apps
- Report back to line manager with any concerns or issues regarding swimmers, venue or parent feedback.
- Attended scheduled practice or training sessions.
- Assessed performance following the athletic competition, identifying strengths and weaknesses and making adjustments to improve future performance.
- Adjusted coaching techniques, based on the strengths and weaknesses of athletes.
- Monitoedr the academic eligibility of student-athletes.
- Develop swimming fitness and technique sessions to swimmers between ages 6-11
- Develop and coordinate fitness and wellness programs or services.
- Teach fitness classes to improve strength, flexibility, cardiovascular conditioning, and general fitness of participants.
- Track attendance and participation related to wellness events.
- Oversee fitness and recreation facilities, ensuring safe and clean facilities and equipment.
- Coached a team of 140 children aging 5-18 with the help of 2 other coaches.
- Designed and implemented practices for children of every age group.
- Support children’s emotional and social development, helping to understand the values of teamwork and sportsmanship.
- Demonstrated all swimming strokes and observed athletes carefully to correct technique and form
- Kept small groups of kids safe while also teaching them how to swim and use survival skills incase of a drowning incident.
- Cleaned restrooms and changing areas
- Instructed young swimmers in proper technique, and wrote workouts for older athletes
- Organized line-ups for meets each week and coordinated events to run smoothly and efficiently