staff pharmacist, floater pharmacist and service recovery pharmacist
- Receive written and electronic prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Provides direct consulting services to customers in regards to effective usage of medications to help achieve optimal therapy.
- Distinguish, advise and administer appropriate immunization to at risk populations such as shingrix, pneumonia, tdap, hepatitus A/B, flu and many more
- Help converted walgreens stores from rite-aid transition into new software, system, workflow and guide pharmacists, technicians
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the pharmacy to include processing prescriptions from start to finish ensuring accuracy and suitability across a diverse patient population.
- Provide immunizations services through ancillary and flu vaccines.
- Manage wellness programs that provided medication therapy management (MTM).
- Train and lead pharmacy staff and interns.
- Provide information and advice regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage, over the counter medications and proper use.
- Compound and dispense speciality medications
- Administer injectable substances to patients, including vaccines and annual Flu-shots.
- Advise customers on the selection of medical equipment, and home healthcare supplies.
- Collaborate with other health care professionals as required
- Prescribe for minor aliments to appropriate patients following the Newfoundland and Labrador Pharmacy Board (NLPB) standards.
- Effectively resolve insurance rejections and other billing issues
- Maintain records, such as pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files, inventories, or narcotics, or controlled drugs.
- Reviewed prescriptions to assure accuracy. Counselled patients on new prescriptions
- Taught pharmacy students serving as interns in preparation for their graduation or licensure.
- Assisted Pharmacy manager in day to day pharmacy operations
- Worked with Pharmacy team on MTM outcomes and monitoring.
- Assisted in a buyout of another pharmacy
- Competent in use of an automated counting machine (Parata Mini and Kirby Lester)
- Proficient with ARx and PDX/EPS computer systems.
- Immunization certified since 2008.
- Assisted in closing and transitioning of several pharmacies.