- Managing of database backup and recovery techniques (Clustering, Mirroring).
- Designing and supporting high availability SQL Server solutions that include Log shipping.
- Assigning the user access to roles(server and security)
- Handling query optimization & database performance tuning using SQL Profiler, Execution Plan, Performance Monitor and DBCC Commands
- Trouble shooting of SQL jobs.
- Performance issues, Backup and Recovery problems and Fragmentations / defragmentation related problems
- Monitoring SCOM alerts
- Performing SQL server installations
- Responsible for server side patching on monthly basis
- Creating Job alerts
- Configuring DB Mail
- Installation and Configuration of SQL server 2008 on windows 2008.
- Upgrading SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 (In-Place upgrade / Side by side upgrade).
- Creating and configuring user databases.
- Scheduling Backups and Restoring databases.
- Creating the Jobs using maintenance Plans for Full, Differential and transactional log backups.
- Developing successful Backup strategies based on recovery model.
- Having experience on Scheduling Jobs and assign Jobs.
- Configure Maintenance plan activity to maintain the database healthy and performance.
- Implement and maintain database security.
- Managing Security (creating users, logins and roles, granting permissions).
- Install patch or service pack for SQL 2000 & SQL 2005.
- Disk space Planning and Management in all the servers.
- Prepare SQL server for High Availability environment.
- Backup client databases and perform database restore and run consistency checks from SQL Server and application.