- I have more than a great singing voice and a distinct style to succeed in singing professions. Determination, perseverance, self-discipline, self-confidence, and the ability to face rejection are all traits that singers must develop. Communication and interpersonal skills are also important, as singers work with many different people, including managers, agents, recording label executives, and recording studio personnel.
- I can read and interpret musical compositions and apply my voice and style to create a song. I use one or more vocal ranges, such as alto, baritone, or bass in certain music styles, including folk, rock, country, gospel, jazz, or rap. I might find employment as back-up performers for bands, commercial jingle singers, cruise ship singers, nightclub entertainers, or even vocal teachers.
- I am a self-employed or freelance artist that work contractually with recording labels, nightclubs, or concert tour venues. I work in recording studios creating albums.
- Sing as a soloist or as a member of a vocal group.
- Performed before live audiences, on television and radio
- Sang as a soloist and as a member the Raelettes, The Voice of Jubilation, and etc.
- Made albums such as Ray Charles [Atlantic], Soul brothers, The Great Ray Charles, Ray Charles at Newport, and etc.
- Made 161 works from 1943 – 1983
- Sing as a soloist and as a member of a large group.
- Perform before live audiences in theatres of 500+
- Collaborate with others to achieve the best show possible
- Memorize musical selections
- Create set lists
- Scheduling for different music venues
- Band manager
- Perform original music as well as covers
- Perform music for live audiences and recordings
- Practice playing instruments or singing to improve their technique
- Rehearse to prepare for performances
- Make or participate in recordings in music studios.
- Audition for orchestras, bands, or other musical groups.
- Play musical instruments as soloists, or as members or guest artists of musical groups such as orchestras, ensembles, or bands.
- Practice musical instrument performances, individually or in rehearsal with other musicians, to master individual pieces of music and to maintain and improve skills