- Repair or replace defective garment parts such as pockets, zippers, snaps, buttons, and linings.
- Measure customers, using tape measures, and record measurements. Make garment style changes, such as tapering pant legs, narrowing lapels, and adding or removing padding.
- Record required alterations and instructions on tags, and attach them to garments.
- Sew buttonholes and attach buttons in order to finish garments.
seamstress / assistant
- Confer with customers to determine types of material and garment styles desired.
- Measuring and marking fabrics.
- Cutting out pattern pieces along marked lines.
- Operating sewing machines.
- Construct, repair, alter, and fit garments.
- Direct and coordinate the fabrication of models or samples and the drafting of working drawings and specification ideas from reality.
- Fabricate models or samples in fabric or other materials using hand tools.
- Design custom clothing and accessories for the company Style Nudge.
- Social media and advertisement of the brand Style nudge.
seamstress/ pattern making/ reupholster
- Estimate material requirements and costs, and present design to client for approval.
- Experience operating industrial sewing machines.
- Made work clothing including overalls, coveralls, etc.
- Maintained and organized work area.
- Sew different styles of clothing per paper template.
- Make alterations, sew hems, fix tears, mend zippers and apply buttons.
- Meet daily quotas.
- Coordinate deadlines with coworkers on large jobs