- collaboration with teaching staff to coordinate and promote services and resources supporting inquiry learning, and literacy programmes
- developing the library’s guiding documents including policies that align with the school’s strategic goals
- managing library staff
- planning and coordinating collection development, including managing the library budget
- using school data to inform library planning
- guiding the development of the library’s online presence and physical environment
- developing and maintaining systems and procedures
- Orient the student regarding the rules and regulations in the library as well as assist the readers in selecting book and related reference materials.
- Prepares indexes from periodicals in accordance to generally accepted system and do the classification of books and catalogs in the library as well.
- Requisition in different special libraries and no-governmental organization for book donations that will be placed i the library as reference materials.
- Coordinates with other newly acquired books and materials for recording to the accession record, stamping, labeling and book pocketing.
- Acts as Teacher-Librarian in the absence of teacher adviser or teacher in-charge.
- Arranged books according to generally accepted system.
- Maintains the physical set-up of the library.
- In-charge in the requisition and acquisition of books and other library materials.
- Circulate school library resources and prepares overdue lists using the manual process.
- Arrange, classify and catalog books and placed in the bookshelves.
- Worked with teachers to provide kids with lifelong learning skills.
- Taught kids about library practices via individual and group instruction.
- Maintained equipment in good working order for school-wide use.
- Organized library catalog, supplies, equipment and records.
- Code, classify, and catalog books based on subject matter or standard library classification systems.
- Review and evaluate materials, using book reviews, catalogs, and faculty recommendations to select and order books.
- Supervise daily library operations
- Direct and train library volunteers.