- Provide counseling to school children
- Refer to appropriate sources
- Administering preliminary screening of behavioral problems when necessary
- Speak on life skills and adolescence growth and sexual health workshops
- Supervising new interns
- help students to make rational decisions
- provide one one or group counseling to students
- liase with teachers and parents develop strategies for assisting students with learning difficulties.
- evaluate and improve counseling program
- Providing counseling to students wherein behavior, school progress, mental or physical impairment indicates any need for assistance, diagnosing students’ problems, and arranging for needed services
- Partnering with school administrators, teachers and parents or guardians to provide students with appropriate and adequate counseling support in school
- Providing referrals for community resources and mental health professionals for families and students
- Maintaining and organising counselling and case records
- Counseled students on an individual basis.
- Building test coordinator for mandated state testing.
- Administered Journey of Hope curriculum, funded by a grant from Save the Children, to small groups as part of trauma recovery from tornado.
- Conducted classroom guidance lessons to facilitate character education, anger management, conflict resolution, and anxiety reduction.
- Collaborated with faculty to ensure safety and mental health of all students.
- Coordinated, organized, and implemented mandatory state testing protocol and procedures.
- Maintained privacy of students and families in accordance with FERPA guidelines.
- Coordinate with other professionals, such as administrators, teachers, and other school counselors, to ensure student success.
- Counsel or aid family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, or supporting their child.
- Refer to reference materials, such as education code, Texas Education Agency graudation plans, accountability updates and HB 5 updates as needed to ensure accuracy in guiding students towards graduation
- Interpret data to students and their parents regarding SAT, PSAT, ACT and STAAR
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee school programs such as Bilingual Education, Gifted and Talented, special education, athletics and higher education.
- Use computers to input information to the School’s Student Information System.
- Keep student records.