sales / cashier
- Communicating with customers via email, telephone, and in person.
- Suggesting suitable vehicles based on customer needs.
- Arranging test-drives and accompanying customers on these tests.
- Negotiating the final price for the sale.
- Selling accessories or other services once a vehicle has been chosen.
- Completing the paperwork for each sale.
- Helping to increase the customer database and prospecting potential sales.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Work cash register
- Work stores inventory
- Liaising with the service team to ensure sold cars are prepped to a high standard and are ready for delivery within the agreed timescale.
- Accept payments by cash, credit cards and checks from customers for repairs, parts, and other services.
- Refund customer payments for unused parts or other reasons in accordance with supervisor direction or company policy.
- Record receipts, delivery of change and other transactions throughout the shift.
- Reconcile payments received with invoiced amounts and prices of parts.
- Schedule and service appointments.
- Explain service technicians’ recommendations, repairs and other actions to customers.
- Direct customer calls to the desired or appropriate department.
- Answer customer questions about vehicle problems, the status of repairs, and hours of operation.
sales/customer service assistant
- Creation of invoices for shipments
- Sales, Comissions and KPI reports
- Prepare documents such as but not limited to purchase agreements, credit notes, certificates of origin, invoices and waybills.
- Follow up on pending documentation to send to clients and constant contact with customer to inform on status of shipments.
- Created a Kaizen for document reports and following of an order’s status.
- Contact carrier providers to prepare for week’s shipment requirements and deliveries.